Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Two Years Since the FIRST Best Day of My Life



Today marks the two year anniversary of one of the best days of my entire life.  



The day that I had dreamed about since I was a little girl.




The day that I woke up next to my best friend, put on pretty make up, got my hair done, and wore a beautiful ivory dress all day long.





The day that Justin's father would get to live out one of his dreams of being able to marry his eldest son after a bad health scare 2 months prior.





The day that came and went in the blink of an eye after a year and a half of preparing the silly details that no one really ever cares about.











The day that tons of family from across the country and our closest friends gathered to celebrate the joining of two hearts.




The day that Justin and I both gained a brother.




The day that my dad gave away his baby girl.




The day that my talented brother sang a beautiful song that is dear to me for everyone to hear.




The day that Justin who HATES sweets actually ate some cake for tradition's sake.




The day that I got to slow dance to Bruce Springsteen's "Jersey Girl" with my father. 




The day we read to each other our vows and my last name changed forever.




The day I was a bride and became a forever wife.



I remember it like it was yesterday.  Our wedding day was more than I had ever expected.  The abundant feeling of love from our guests, the many smiles and tears of happiness shared, the butterflies surrounding our outside guests as we stood at the alter...after all of the hard work we spent putting into the day, it had finally paid off and it was PERFECT.  Some things went wrong but we brushed it off and laughed about it.  Nothing was going to ruin our day.  Nothing did.

The past two years being married (and almost 6 years of being together) have been the best years of my life.  The day after our wedding, I was ecstatic!  We got to travel to Jamaica to spend a week alone after all the hustle and bustle of preparing for our big day.  I was immediately relieved that the nervousness and stress of the wedding day was put behind us and SO excited for my lifelong future with my best friend.  I can't wait to grow old with this man.

I know that no marriage is perfect, including ours.  We all have our flaws and room for improvement, but I know that he and I are compatible and can make marriage work.  We do not believe in divorce.  I still feel like I did the day that we got married and I am still excited for my future with my best friend.

This one's for you, honey!  Hehe!  It's our Anniversa-week!


I love you, babe.  Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...