Monday, February 13, 2012

How I Met My Forever Valentine

In light of Valentine's Day tomorrow, I wanted to share with you how Justin and I met.  Many people often wonder how two people meet.  So before you ask, I'll tell you.  I wrote the short story below for our wedding website 3 years ago.  I wanted to write it in the 3rd person as if you were reading it from a book.  So here it is.


Cassie and Justin met the night of Sept 1, 2006 at the local Amvets club in Chambersburg, PA.  Cassie was asked to be a bridesmaid in a wedding of a friend from high school.  Justin was asked to play the guitar at the reception.  The night before the wedding, while the girls were decorating tables and centerpieces, Justin arrived to set up his music equipment and test the sound quality.  As we all know Cassie loves music, so of course she was enjoying the few riffs being played as she was diligently helping the girls with the decorations.  Then a wonderful tune came across the room...."My Cheri Amour" by Stevie Wonder.  This caught Cassie's attention immediately.  She walked over to Justin told him that Stevie Wonder was one of her favorite artists and that song was one of her favorite songs.  He kept playing the song...
So the day of the wedding, after the ceremony, we all headed back to the reception to celebrate.  Of course Cassie found herself on the dance floor for most of the night.  During one of her few breaks, she sat down at a table with 2 other bridesmaids and Justin came over and complimented her on how nice she looked.  She was very flattered and complimented him on his dapper attire right back.  They spoke nothing more but made eyes at each other for the rest of the evening. 
After the wedding, Justin went to the 2 bridesmaids house to ask about the girl he was complimenting earlier.  He was sure that she was a sister of the bride (who was 16 at the time).  Everyone was very shocked to find that Justin was interested in the 16 year old sister of the bride.  This of course, wasn't the case, but they did look very much alike.  He wanted to know more about Cassie.  A week later he contacted the bride after she returned from her honeymoon and asked for Cassie's number.  He called her that night...and they stayed up and talked for hours...They hit it off from the start and have been inseparable ever since :)


It's really funny how things work out.  Justin and I have never really believed in soul mates until we met each other.  I have never met anyone who was so compatible with me in my life, until I came to know him.  We have the same interests, the same life goals, the same humor, the same family values...the list goes on and on.  Of course every relationship has it's ups and downs but it's a VERY warm feeling knowing that I will be married to my best friend in the whole world for the rest of my life.  I have never been so sure of anything else, and neither has he.  We do not believe in divorce or infidelity.  We can and will make it through anything especially with God on our side.


Sorry for the sappy love story.  Some may find it beautiful (as I do) and some may find it disgusting.  I don't care for other's opinions.  I would love you all to be truly and honestly happy for us as well as any couple in love, but I know not everyone can do that.  The reason for this post, other than it being Valentine's Day tomorrow, is because Justin and I went to see "The Vow" yesterday as part 1 of our Valentine's date (part 2 will be tomorrow- dinner at Red Lobster) and I guess you can say I've been touched by the story.


The premise for the movie (which is based on a true story) is a young husband and wife, very much in love, get into a bad car accident.  The husband, Leo, makes it out with just scratches and the wife, Paige, ends up having amnesia.  Only partial amnesia to where she can remember everything in her childhood up to her adult life, right before she met her husband.  She recalls nothing of Leo and he has to try to make his wife fall back in love with him again.  The story was very sad, but with a happy ending. (No spoilers here!  Go see it!)  Situations like this makes you really think about how precious life really is.  If that were to ever happen to me and my husband wouldn't remember anything of me, I don't know what I would do.  He and my daughter are my world and I would be lost without them.  


Dedicated to my husband, my best friend, my life.  
"I Will Always Love You"


- Also in memory of the great Whitney Houston who unexpectedly passed away this weekend.  Rest In Peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...